The Jazz program features the following:
- Core stage discipline with emphasis on leaps, turns and floor work
- Faster dance style choreographed to jazz, contemporary and Broadway music
- Often includes barre work and across the floor practice for footwork, turns and jumps
- Excellent complement to any other dance training
- Examination opportunities available
- Annual recital to demonstrate what the student has learned
Jazz training at Move With Grace is an excellent bridge between style, discipline and high energy dance. Our approach is a whole learning experience aimed at not only improving dance skills but also the overall education of the student.
Our method addresses all three learning styles: Kinaesthetic, Visual and Audio. The Jazz program uses a variety of learning aids to teach an age-appropriate syllabus in an entertaining way. We also provide a written description of every routine to allow the student to practice outside of class time.
Jazz Helps Your Child:
- Cultivate musicality and artistry
- Develop poise, coordination and flexibility
- Improve performance in any other activity requiring balance, power and control
- Increase focus, attention to detail and discipline
- Achieve higher school grades and an improved work ethic